Monday, March 22, 2010

Kyler's Denim Quilt


My Grandson's 5th birthday is today! He is such a joy! I have been working on a denim quilt for his birthday. I am almost halfway done binding it. It has red stars that I appliqued on every other block. I then tied the quilt in each of the blank blocks. I also embroidered his name, todays date and that his Nana Janzen gave it to him.

It took me quite awhile to do since I am recovering from cervical spine surgery. I could only work on it a little bit at a time. Every bit of pain was worth it for him though. He's great! Hopefully he will always have the memories of me making it and giving it to him as well. We are actually celebrating his birthday on Thursday when his daddy will be home from work. My hubby got him off the school bus this afternoon and I got to sing Happy Birthday to him before his Mom came to take him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment